Since its launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, Kate Spade New York has always stood for optimistic femininity. Today, the brand is a global life and style house with handbags, ready-to-wear, jewellery, footwear, gifts, home decor and more. Polished ease, thoughtful details and a modern, sophisticated use of colour - Kate Spade New York's founding principles define a unique style synonymous with joy. Under the vision of creative director Nicola Glass, the brand continues to celebrate confident women with a youthful spirit. Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio, a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation and inclusivity.
Muse - Primary Purpose
The Muse contributes to achieving store goals in sales, productivity and service by utilizing Kate Spade selling skills and Kate Spade service training. You will be responsible for meeting personal sales and productivity goals, and delivering service that meets or exceeds expectations. You will represent Kate Spade to the consumer, act as an ambassador of the brand, and ensure customers' needs are consistently exceeded.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following proficiencies:
- Understand how individual productivity impacts the store;
- Behave like a brand ambassador;
- Model sales behaviours taught in company sales training programs;
- Maintain high energy on the sales floor;
- Consistently achieve sales goals;
- Able to work with multiple customers simultaneously;
- Consistently anticipate and meet customers' needs;
- Service all customers according to the Kate Spade Approach standards;
- Participate as a team member and encourage team to meet and exceed performance standards;
- Champion company initiatives and support management decisions;
- Demonstrate professional ethics.
- Very good English proficiency (essential);
- Previous experience working in a retail service environment (essential);
- Background in working in luxury retail (desirable);
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers and staff and manoeuvre the sales floor.
Our competencies for all employees:
- Drive for results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, sideways, inside and outside the organisation; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner, open to change, analyses both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solution; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our competencies for all People Managers:
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in the terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Kat Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, colour, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legal recognised protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com
Hours: 15 hours per week (predominantly weekends)
How to apply: Click here to apply