Braintree Village ("the Centre") is owned and operated by Land Securities Properties Limited (“we”, “us”, “our” or “LS”).
Braintree Village aims to be a safe, relaxed and friendly environment for all our guests. We would ask that all guests respect the Code of Conduct detailed below, in the interests of everyone's enjoyment and well-being.
Braintree Village consistently aims to maintain high standards and does not permit the following:
- Any intimidation of our guests by groups of individuals. All groups of more than five without the intention to shop may be asked to leave Braintree Village.
- Unsociable or anti-social behaviour.
- Pets are permitted in the external spaces on a lead and under control.
- The wearing of any item of clothing which restricts the view of one's head/face (e.g. hoods) with the exception of religious headwear.
- Appropriate clothing must be worn at all times.
- The convening of car clubs, meet-ups or car cruising.
Ensuring that our guests are free to shop and relax, Braintree Village does not permit the following:
- Leafleting, canvassing or the conducting of third-party interviews or surveys unless agreed by Braintree Village Centre Management.
- Unauthorised busking or the selling of goods in the centre car parks or other external spaces.
To ensure the health and safety of our guests, Braintree Village asks that visitors respect and show due consideration for the building, environment and other users by:
- Adhering to our no smoking policy within all internal areas.
- Keeping clear of all fire escapes except in an emergency.
- Not cycling, roller-blading, using micro-scooters, Segway scooters and hoverboards or skating in the centre.
- Not climbing or sitting on any balustrade, barrier, fence, or railing.
- Disposing of any litter appropriately in the receptacles provided within the centre and external areas.
Braintree Village is a dog-friendly destination and our staff love to welcome your four legged friends. However, we do ask that all dogs remain on a lead at all times and that you are responsible for your pet throughout your visit in the interest of Health and Safety for all our Guests.
Photography and Filming
We do encourage guests to enjoy their experience at Braintree Village, including the taking of photographs during their visit for their own personal and domestic use. We reserve the right, however, to ask guests not to film or take photographs within Braintree Village where we feel that it is necessary in the interests of the safety, privacy or enjoyment of other guests or so as to prevent any civil or criminal offence being committed. Commercial photography and filming can only be conducted with the express permission of the Braintree Village Centre Management Team. If you would like to film or take photos during your visit to Braintree Village and have any questions as to what is permitted under this code, please contact the Braintree Village Centre Management Team, who will be happy to provide you with further assistance.
Braintree Village is private property owned and managed by the Land Securities group of companies. Entry to Braintree Village (which may include the airspace above) subject to our consent. Braintree Village does not permit the flying of “drones” or similar technologies, other than those deployed by the emergency services or other competent bodies on or over Braintree Village.
We reserve the right to take such actions as we consider appropriate, including court proceedings including but not limited to an injunction to prevent you from flying drones or similar technologies on or over Braintree Village, or prevent you entering upon Braintree Village.
We may from time to time undertake photographs and/or videography of areas at Braintree Village including guests and their property for publicity, advertising and communication materials in relation to services and facilities offered at Braintree Village. We shall where practicable notify guests for example by way of notices and request specific waivers, however by entering Braintree Village you agree to the use of any such photographs or videos.
We would also ask our guests to adhere to the following conditions:
- The carrying of alcohol in open containers and the consumption of alcohol in the malls, car parks or other external areas is prohibited, and alcohol may only be consumed within appropriately licensed premises within the centre.
- Any act of vandalism will be notified to the Police.
- Any person either bringing, selling or taking any illegal substance, or drugs paraphernalia within Braintree Village will be reported to the Police immediately.
- Clear access routes must be maintained for emergency services.
- Under exceptional circumstances Braintree Village may request guests are subject to a search of their person upon permission of entry.
LS reserves the right to deny an individual or individuals’ entry to the Centre including the external areas for any period of time as it may determine in its absolute discretion and has the right to escort any such individual or individuals from the Centre.
In addition, any individual or individuals who disregard the Code of Conduct will be excluded from Braintree Village at the entire discretion of Guest Safety Officers.
LS reserves the right to amend this Code of Conduct at any time without prior notice.
Should you have any concerns, please contact the Braintree Village Management Team: 01376 348867