Since it's launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, Kate Spade New York has always stood for optimistic femininity. Today, the brand is a global life and style house with handbags, ready-to-wear, jewellery, footwear, gifts, home decor and more. Polished ease, thoughtful details and a modern, sophisticated use of colour - Kate Spade New York's founding principles define a unique style synonymous with joy. Under the vision of creative director Nicola Glass, the brand continues to celebrate confident women with a youthful spirit.
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation and inclusivity.
Primary Purpose - The Supervisor assists store management by ensuring a customer focus on the sales floor with exceptional floor supervision. As an integral member of the team, you will help to maximise store productivity and profitability by assisting in team building and staff development, goal setting and by ensuring compliance with all Kate Spade standards.
We are looking for an exceptional Supervisor that leads by example, sets the tone on the sales floor and provides feedback to the store team that will result in exceeding Kate Spade Service standards. In return you will be given the chance to lead an exceptional team and be part of a rapidly expanding modern luxury brand with the opportunity to advance your career.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to:
- Creates a high energy, sales and service focused environment
- Ensures all customers are being serviced according to the Kate Spade approach standard
- Inspires team to meet and exceed performance standards
- Takes initiative to act on development needs
- Maintains a confident and/or commanding floor presence
- Acts as an advocate for the team
- Creates partnerships with team members
- Represents the brand appropriately in all situations
The accomplished individual will possess:
- Experience in a retail service environment in a position of management
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers and staff and manoeuvre the sales floor
- Ability to work flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights, weekends and public holidays
Our competencies for all employees:
- Drive for results - can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Customer focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Creativity - Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings
- Interpersonal savvy - Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organisation; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably
- Learning on the fly - Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyses both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything
- Perserverance - Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Dealing with ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
Our competencies for all people managers:
- Strategic agility - Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans
- Building effective teams - Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team
- Managerial courage - Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
How to apply: Please click here to apply