SCOPE OF JOB
Responsible for overall management of the shop floor, staff, Visual merchandising and client service. The Assistant Manager is also responsible to support the Store Manager for driving sales consultants to achieve sales objectives, maintaining and achieving high merchandising standards and goals, building highly motivated teams and developing associates to the next level.
- To be aware of store targets and to provide a strategic response including specific targets for individuals given by the store manager and continue to proactively evaluate aims and objectives.
- To be aware of store targets initiate and support store manager to promote sales and prevent negative sale trends.
- To establish and promote client service to increase brand awareness and client’s loyalty; to greet clients and to give the best possible service at all times.
- Provide strong leadership to the team in order to execute sales and service to the clients at all the time.
- To be aware of store targets and performance at all times.
- To be confident to deal with clients returns and explain company policy.
- To assist the store manager to resolve client’s complaints and enquires in quick and professional manner.
- To ensure client satisfaction maximum productivity and profitability and compliance with store procedures.
- To ensure shop floor standards meet or exceed expectations to support brand consistency.
- Report to the Store Manager to ensure any issues / risks are quickly identified, resolved and/ or escalated as appropriate.
- To ensure on a daily basis that the strategy of the day ahead is communicated with the store manager through the use of the Staff floor Planner.
- Ability to lead, coach, train and develop supervisors and team to maximise sales potential and performance.
- To support the store manager to organise and monitor the daily duties of the management.
- To ensure the company policies, procedures and standards are adhered to at all times.
- To support store manager to hold staff meetings on regular basis
- To support store manager to hold on a bi-weekly basis management support team meeting regarding sales performance, stock analysis and other relevant subjects.
- To train staff using company provided training material and review the performance also provide feed backs when necessary.
- To handle employee complaints as needed in non-emergency situations such as scheduling conflicts and conflicts between the team members
STOCK MANAGEMENT AND PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
- To be aware of all systems and procedures relating to stock, e.g., deliveries, transfers, stock inventories. To ensure that all stock is handled with care and respect with particular focus reducing stock shrinkage and to also ensure there is effective communication within the team in relation to this.
- To have complete knowledge and understanding of ATOM and the uses of this for reporting purpose, stock look up, inventory and operations.
- To be aware of the end of day Daily Balance process and till operations overall.
- To ensure all sales staff are fully conversant with the product range including coordination, product care and stock availability and to carry out any necessary training.
- To liaise with the buying office regarding stock analysis and sales performance and identify product opportunities and be able to provide quality feedback.
HEALTH & SAFETY AND HOUSEKEEPING
- To ensure the team members are working within the requirements of all Health & Safety regulations by the company.
- To support the store manager to ensure the relevant Risk Assessments and a Health & Safety Monthly Audit is carried out.
- To maintain the highest standards of housekeeping within the store, externally and internally and to monitor the cleaners on a regular basis and report the issue to the store manager immediately.
DISPLAY & MERCHANDISING
- To ensure communication of all visual merchandising standards is consistent between store and head office.
- To ensure store presentation standards, including windows, are achieved and maintained and visual merchandising contributes to store turnover.
- To ensure window and shop floor display are changed on the weekly basis depends on the availability of the stock
- To ensure the store is secure at all times with particular attention on minimising loss or theft.
- To ensure all staff had the bag check when leaving the building.
- Support the store manager to do random checks to prevent loss, e.g., Staff locker check, Bin check etc.
- To ensure an effective handover takes place to your store manager on daily basis.
- To ensure there is clear communication between yourself and the store Manager through reporting, e.g., Staff performance and sales sound bites.
- Respond to any reasonable request made by store manager.
- To be an impeccably presented role model in shop floor, display a professional image to your team, clients, contractors and visitors.
BEHAVIOURS FOR SUCCESS
- The ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team.
- Excellent communication and ‘people’ skills.
- A strong commitment to client service and maintaining excellent store standards.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in professional manner.
- Support the store manager to meet all areas and targets in line with P&L requirements.
- Ensure the team performance to meet mystery shopper targets and sales targets
- Maintains agreed levels of cleanliness and operational standards all the time.
- Minimises loss of cash and stock within the store and report any incident to the store manager immediately.
- Sales Consultants
- Minimum 2 years retail experience with 1 year speciality management.
Hours: 40 hours per week
How to apply: Please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org