Decadent chocolate cupcakes filled with Lindor Milk Chocolate Truffles and topped with a rich dark chocolate buttercream for an irresistible chocolate dessert.
Makes 12 cupcakes, approx. 45-60 minutes
- 1 bar Lindt Excellence 70%
- 160g all-purpose/ plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Half tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Half tsp salt
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 250 ml caster sugar
- 50g soft light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 ml buttermilk
- 12 Lindor Milk Chocolate Truffles
Method – Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/ Gas Mark 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases. Roughly chop the chocolate and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat together the eggs, oil, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract
- Add dry ingredients alternating with buttermilk. Fold in the chopped chocolate. Divide the batter between the prepared tin, filling about three quarters full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. While still warm, press an unwrapped Lindor Milk Chocolate Truffle into the centre of each cupcake. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
Method - Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Chop the Lindt Excellence 70% Chocolate Bar. Place in a heat-proof bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water for 5 minutes or until the chocolate is melted and can be stirred. Cool completely.
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the cooled, melted chocolate and salt until smooth. Beat in the icing sugar until blended, then beat in the cream until blended. Chill in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes or until thick enough to spread.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe frosting on top of each cupcake