Everyone has their favourite brownie recipe, and this is one of Lindt’s maîtres chocolatiers. The success of a brownie depends not only on the ingredients, but also on not overbaking it.
3 bars of Lindt Excellence 70% dark chocolate, chopped (equivalent of 300g)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Half a teaspoon salt
150g chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line an 8 x 8 inch (20x20 cm) square baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Melt the chopped chocolate and butter in a pan, double boiler over low heat or in a microwave oven (medium power, 15 seconds intervals, stir between intervals). Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Beat together the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until well combined.
- Add the melted chocolate and beat gently by hand or on a low setting on a mixer until evenly incorporated.
- Add the flour and walnuts and mix until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake approximately 20 minutes
- Store in an airtight container.