Try these chicken breasts filled with a festive stuffing, served with Hasselback potatoes and roasted Mediterranean vegetables.
Preparation time: 45 mins
Cooking time: 40-50 mins
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 Large Chicken Breasts
- 8 Rashers of Streaky Bacon
- 1kg Small Potatoes either Baby or Miniatures
- 1 Onion finely sliced
- 2 Red Peppers -roughly chopped
- 2 Yellow Peppers - roughly chopped
- 1 Courgette- into chunks
- 2 Large Red Onions into quarters
- 220g Vine on Piccolo Tomatoes
- 2 Garlic Bulbs for the Stuffing
- 200g Sausage Meat
- 100g Coarse Natural Breadcrumbs - Panko works well
- 50g Chopped dried Cranberries
- 50g Chopped dried Apricots
- 1Tsp Dried Sage
- 1 Tsp Dried Onion Granules
- Preheat the oven to 210C/ 190C Fan/ Gas Mark 5
- Start by mixing all of the stuffing ingredients together in a bowl using a little tepid water to bring together. Butterfly the chicken breasts out and stuff with the stuffing mixture and roll to form a seal. Wrap each breast in two rashers of streaky bacon and arrange on a baking tray.
- For the Hasselback potatoes, slice the potatoes as close together as you can ensuring you don't go all the way through. Add to a roasting tin with a glug of olive oil, a pinch of sea salt, the finely sliced onion and a halved garlic bulb. Add these to the top shelf of the oven they will take the longest to cook.
- After the potatoes have been cooking for 10 minutes add the chicken breasts to the oven.
- In a roasting pan add the remaining Mediterranean vegetables with a good glug of olive oil, a pinch of sea salt and the remaining halved garlic bulbs. Roast these for the remaining 20-30 mins.
- Remove everything from the oven after a total cook time of 45-50 mins, ensuring the potatoes are tender and crisp, the chicken is cooked through and the roasted vegetables have softened.